Broccoli and Bell Pepper are not traditionally used in Indian cooking, but they take to Indian spices very well. With these tasty ingredients on hand, take a stab at this colorful mixed vegetable recipe.
Prep Time : 10 minutes
Cook Time : 25minutes
Total Time : 35 minutes
Servings : 4 servings
Author : Soul Food Spree
Course : Curry
- 1 green bell pepper(capsicum), diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small sized broccoli, split
- 1/2 tsp crushed pepper
- 1 tbsp badam powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp kasuri methi
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Rock salt as required
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Add 3 tomatoes into a blender and blend it into a puree.
- Add 2 tbsp oil into a pan, add 1 diced onion and saute.
- Add 1 green, yellow, red bell peppers and add 1 broccoli. Saute all the veggies until they are cooked well. Remove the cooked veegies aside.
- Into the same pan, add 2 tbsp oil, 1 finely chopped onion, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and saute.
- Add tomato puree and mix everything well.
- Add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala and mix all the ingredients well.
- Add 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp crushed pepper and mix. Add 1 tbsp badam powder and saute until the mixture thickens and you can see oil releasing from the sides.
- Add all the veggies and mix everything well. Add rock salt as per your taste and mix. Add some water so that the veggies are cooked well and mix everything well.
- Cover the pan on a medium flame and cook the veggies. Check at intervals and if required add some water.
- Add 1 tbsp crushed kasuri methi and mix. Finally enjoy this amazing nutritious curry with rotis.
Bell Pepper and Broccoli Curry Video Recipe
Hope you liked this recipe!!
For more such recipes… Stay Tuned!!