A traditional and popular South Indian or Karnataka cuisine, Akki roti is a rice-based breakfast item unique to the state of Karnataka, India. Akki roti means "rice bread" in the native language, Kannada.
Prep Time : 15 minutes
Cook Time : 10 minutes
Total Time : 25 minutes
Servings : 4 servings
Author : Soul Food Spree
Course : Breakfast
- 1 tbsp jeera
- 4 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, julienne cut
- 1 tbsp green chilli paste
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- Salt as required
- 250g rice flour
- Boiled water as required
- Oil for roasting
- Into a bowl, add 4 medium sized onions, 1 carrot, 1 tbsp jeera, salt as required, 1 tbsp green chilli paste, 2 tbsp chopped coriander and mix all the ingredients well.
- Add 250g rice flour and mix everything well. Add boiled water until the mixture holds shape.
- Grease the tawa with 1 tsp oil. Add some water and take ball sized dough and tap gently to a thin thickness.
- Place the tawa on medium flame. Cover the pan with a lid. Cook on both sides and add a tsp of oil. Roast until it turns golden brown.
- Finally, enjoy akki roti with coconut chutney or a spicy pickle.
Akki Roti | Rice Roti Video Recipe
Hope you liked this recipe!!
For more such recipes… Stay Tuned!!