Pav bhaji is an iconic dish from Mumbai and hugely popular all over India. Pav means bread rolls. Bhaji is the Marathi word for vegetables or a vegetable based dish (dry or gravy).
Prep Time : 20 minutes
Cook Time : 30 minutes
Total Time : 50 minutes
Servings : 4 servings
Author : Soul Food Spree
Course : Snacks
- 1 capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, boiled and finely chopped
- 50 g beans, boiled and finely chopped
- 50g peas, boiled
- 2 potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 10 pods garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- Rock salt as required
- 2 tbsp pav bhaji masala
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Veg stock
- Pav bun
- Boil 2 carrots, 50 g beans, 50 g peas and 2 potatoes. Mash the potatoes and keep it aside.
- Blend 10 pods ginger and 1 inch garlic into a fine paste.
- Into a pan, add 2 tbsp ghee, ginger garlic paste and mix everything well.
- Add 2 onions, 1 capsicum and saute it. Now add 2 tomatoes and mix everything well.
- Add all the boiled vegetables with the veg stock and mix everything well.
- Add mashed potatoes and mix everything.
- Now add 1 tbsp red chilli powder, 2 tbsp pav bhaji masala, rock salt as required and mix everything well. Add water to adjust the consistency.
- Add coriander for garnish. Now take pav bun, place it on a pan and add some ghee on top of it and roast it on both sides. Enjoy this dish.
Homemade Healthy Pavbhaji Video Recipe
Hope you liked this recipe!!
For more such recipes… Stay Tuned!!