Spicy chicken curry recipe, an Indian chicken curry with extremely addictive flavors and a hot favorite for all the non-veg lovers. The key to a tasty curry is freshly ground spices. I cannot emphasize this enough. The aroma and flavor are unbeatable.
Prep Time : 10 minutes
Cook Time : 50 minutes
Total Time : 60 minutes
Servings : 4 servings
Author : Soul Food Spree
Course : Main course
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp sajeera/caraway seeds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 5 small chillies, chopped
- 700 g chicken, chopped
- Freshly prepared ginger garlic paste
- 2 cardamom
- 4 cloves
- Small cinnamon stick
- Salt as required
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp grated coconut
- Few curry leaves
- Few mint leaves
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- Few coriander leaves
- 4 tbsp oil
- Into a pan add 4 tbsp oil, 1 tsp sajeera, small cinnamon stick, 4 cloves and 2 cardamom.
- Add 1 onion, 5 green chillies, few curry leaves, few mint leaves and 2 tsp turmeric powder.
- Mix until onions turn golden colour then add tomatoes, 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste and let it cook on medium flame.
- Add chicken and mix everything properly.
- Close the lid for 10 min. In between open the lid and mix everything well.
- Add 3 tbsp red chilli powder, salt as per taste and mix it well. Close the lid and let it cook for 15-20 min.
- Open the lid, add 1 tsp of garam masala and close the lid for 5 more minutes.
- Add 2 tsp grated coconut and close the lid and let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Open the lid and mix everything well.
- Continue until the chicken is properly cooked then add 2 tsp coriander powder and squeeze 1 lemon.
- Mix it well, add coriander leaves for garnish and enjoy the dish.
Spicy Chicken Curry Video Recipe
Hope you liked this recipe!!
For more such recipes… Stay Tuned!!